* I have documented over 200 weddings in the past 12 years, it is my specialty and passion
* I only book one wedding per day, and I don't have any limit on time that I spend with you
* I shoot in true high definition (1920x1080p) and you get to choose between DVDs or Blu-Ray
* I use wireless and high-end boom mics for the best possible audio
* I do not use lights but your footage will still look as if I did (and noone will have lights in their face)
* While based in Maine, I enjoy to travel, and if you're out of state or country, I'll come at cost
* I bring back-up equipment to each wedding, just in case
* I ask for $300 deposit to hold your date
* Ideally, I would love to meet in person first to ensure I'm the right fit for what you're looking for.
I can answer any of your questions, show you examples of different editing approaches,
and it is also important that you feel comfortable with your videographer for your big day!
Can we just get the raw footage?
Yes, but... Editing video takes most of the time of the whole project and if you are not interested in it, I can certainly skip this part.
However, there are many parts during the wedding where the sound is quiet or very loud. Even with the raw footage, I like to adjust the audio levels
so the sound is consistent throughout, and to do basic cuts and color corrections, pretty packaging....
Or I can just offer you a 64GB USB stick with all the footage in mp4 format.
Can we choose any music for our video?
Yes, you provide your music in mp3/wma format, online link, or on a CD.
The final product is intended for your personal use only.
How many songs do we need to provide for the video?
One for the getting ready part.
One for the formal photos and cocktail hour.
One for the highlights video (optional).
One for each slideshow (optional).
How long are your edited DVDs?
They usually clock between 50-70 minutes so they're not long boring epics, but they have everything important.
Each project is different, though, and you certainly have a say on how intensive editing you prefer.
I made DVDs that were as short as 24 minutes and as long as 106 minutes.
How long does it take to get our DVDs?
Depends on my work queue I have when you book me. I work in the order in which I was hired. I try to work fast but at the same time I won't put my name on anything until I am completely happy with how it came out. I produce art, and sometimes it takes a few days or weeks to really figure out what to do with some footage, how to make it work in the whole concept. On average it is between 10-18 weeks, but I try my best to beat this quote.
Do you subcontract your work?
No, I record and edit everything by myself. You are purchasing a certain style and quality from me that noone else can duplicate. Occasionally, I might have someone help me with certain aspects of the production, but the final copy is not done until everything goes through my brain, hands, eyes, ears, and heart :-)
* If you are in Maine, let's try to schedule a meeting. Refreshments will be provided :-).
There is no pressure or sales pitch, I would just like to hear your story.